PDF documents are widely used as a format for exchanging documents because of the ease of use that it offers. In order to work with PDF files, you will need a PDF reader installed on your computer. There are some other PDF readers available for Windows 11 that can help you manage and view PDF files you have been shared with. However, most people prefer Adobe Reader to access and manage PDF files they have shared with.
Here is a list of the top PDF readers for Windows that we tested in order to help you find the right tool for your workflow.
Best PDF Reader for Windows
Table of Contents
1 – Foxit Reader
Foxit Reader can be found in many versions for Windows 10, 8, and 7 and has been considered the fastest and most reliable PDF reader on the market. It is the most powerful PDF reader you will find in the industry.
In addition to macOS and iOS, Foxit PDF Reader is also available on Android, the web, and Linux. This means you are able to access your documents from wherever you are, regardless of which device you are using. As with anything else you might need, it even provides the ability to collaborate with others – just grant them access, and you are able to keep track of who has opened the document, edited it, and tracked all their activities in real time. Itlmost without saying that Foxit Reader is an excellent workflow solution in the end.
- The app features a fullscreen mode for a better viewing experience when using the app
- Fill in standard Acro forms and XFA forms with existing forms and workflows using SCUP Catalog to import and deploy updates
- Draws & adds signature.
- Multiple PDF files can be opened in separate tabs at the same time
The Expert PDF Reader is a free app that lets you view PDF files. This app includes a digital book viewer, allowing you to view PDF files and 3D digital books in .epub, .cbr, or .cbz formats. Besides editing and modifying PDFs easily, you can also create PDFs from scratch. As well as converting PDF files into over 200 different formats (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, images), it can also extract information from PDF files. It comes with a straightforward interface that is very easy to use.
The application is still good for reading and opening basic PDF files despite not having many editing features. Expert PDF offers various tools for marking up and commenting on PDF documents (highlighting text, underlining, annotating with a pencil tool, custom stamps, etc.
- You can convert any type of line in PDF
- Editable PDFs can be made from scanned images and documents
- Use an electronic signature on all your contracts, invoices, and documents
- Passwords and access rights are essential for securing and protecting confidential documents
- Quality PDF files can be compressed without sacrificing size
A productivity tool that works on Windows, mobile devices, and the web, Microsoft OneNote integrates seamlessly with any device. In addition to being a PDF reader, it can also be used for opening and viewing PDF documents on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
A valuable feature of OneNote is the ability to store all of your documents in the cloud. In other words, whenever you are offline, you will have access to the documents of your account, no matter where you are in the world. As well as that, some editing features are available to you as well. You need to add a PDF file to OneNote as a printout before you can add annotations to it.
You can find out how to do that by checking the point above. The PDF will be scanned by OneNote and the image will be created which can be annotated.
- Taking notes has never been easier with one cross-functional notebook
- Using highlighted or inked annotations, revise PDF notes
- Reading images with an OCR reader
- A printout is a good tool for searching for text inside PDF files
In addition to providing a wide range of capabilities, EaseUS PDF Editor is a new entrant in the category of Best PDF Editing Software (2022), since it offers functionality such as document editing, converting, merging, splitting, uploading e-signature files, watermarking, adding strong encryption, and more. Besides, by using this all-in-one PDF Maker, Reader, and Editor for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, you can even take advantage of the tools that will help you insert text, arrange pages, extract images, crop photographs, and edit scanned documents, for example, even make some minor changes to the document and compress it.
- The dashboard is easy to navigate and clean
- Tens of file formats can be converted from PDFs
- Makes scanned documents editable using OCR technology
- Lifetime licensing is a remarkable value, especially for the money
5 – Qiqqa
With Qiqqa, researchers can work with thousands of PDFs for free and open-source software. There are tools for managing PDF reference files, managing citations, and brainstorming with mind maps. You’ll have access to annotations, highlighters, hyperlinks, and more with this top-notch PDF reader. The Microsoft Word word processor lets you easily create summaries of notes, and mindmaps, and automatically create bibliographies. You can also cite your references and create bibliographies directly within the document.
In addition to securing and organizing your PDF files, Qiqqa makes them searchable and accessible across all your devices. The feature includes automated tagging, identification, and categorization, so you’ll never again forget where your PDF files are.
As well as highlighting, editing font size and color, and placing annotations on the text, this Windows 10 PDF viewer allows you to add bookmarks.
- Excellent management of references and documents
- Easily import PDF files into separate libraries by using a secure import process
- We are able to perform a full-text search and detect duplicate papers easily with our software
- Increase the speed at which you can download multiple PDF pages
- The built-in OCR feature of PDF allows you to unlock its full potential
programs is an excellent option if you are in a hurry and need to make immediate changes to the documents.
There are many free editors you can use on your Windows 11 PC. However, they limit the features you can access. This requires you to purchase a subscription. This makes it nearly impossible to enjoy all the benefits that you could get from installed editors. In addition to not having the vast range of features that can be found with paid PDF editors, free PDF editors lack other extensive features. It may lack advanced features like AI editing, text recognition, and extreme formatting. You may be interested in at least one of the above editors.